Monday 25 February 2013

Nick's Knives

I mentioned in a previous post that I'd been helping my mate Nick make a knife. So I thought I would put a photo of his knives up here for you to see.


He's really getting into this now and I think that he's done a great job. I particularly like his latest one (the bottom one), which has a strong Sami influence. He's coming round in a bit to work on a sheath for  it and I'm pretty sure that he'll be planning his next knife soon.

I get the impression that in the Bushcraft scene most people tend to prefer fulltang knives, but I much prefer the style that you get with this type of stacked, stick tang knives, and I've never had one fail on me yet. After all, this is the kind of knife that has been used for centuries by the people that really depend on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment