Friday 21 June 2013

Wooden Shelf



For quite a while now my wife Laura has been making a little bit of extra money during her maternity leave,  selling things that she has made, refurbished or up cycled. She was recently approached by ITV to provide some stuff for a make over show and this has encouraged her to take things a bit more seriously and create her own website/blog. She's still working on it, but you can check it out here. I've recently taken a bit of an interest in doing some regular carpentry/joinery. This interest has largely been kindled by the discovery of Lost Art Press. So when Laura asked me to make a shelf for her to sell I decided that it would be a good bit of practice. It's very basic and by no means perfect, but I really learned a lot. Attaching the shelf to the vertical slats even gave me a chance to try a dovetail joint. I've got a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment