Wednesday 26 December 2012

Colleague's first spoon...

One of my friends at work, Dave, is an art teacher and has an eye for all things beatiful. He knows that I carve and make knives and has often brought me wood and I in turn have brought finished pieces in to show him.

He often shows me odd off-cuts and small bits of wood that he has picked up when out walking, with no specific intention other than to make something with them some time later.

Anyway, he seemed really interested in my spoons and so thought he have a go at making some himself. Below is his completed first attempt.




As you can see, they are a little different to those I make. Instead of green wood he used seasoned wood, a band saw and gouges for the bowl. I have promised him som time with my knives and axes and hopefully he'll enjoy working some green wood. Well done Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment