Tuesday, 23 July 2013


I've always loved the look of the wooden porringers made by Robin Wood, so I decided to have a go at making one. It was a lot of fun trying to work out the process. I made a few mistakes, but I guess that is the way that you learn.

It turned out ok, but it was a terrible piece of wood with several hidden knots. both handles have cracks in them. I think that one is due to a knot in it, but reckon that the other one is because of checking in the end grain of the log. Without the handles I don't think that it would have been a problem, but with the extra material needed for them, I don't think the log was long enough. It will still be useable though, as long as the cracks don't get any bigger, fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment